Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Sleep Tattoos







In thinking about "putting on" clothes and more broadly materials...
it got me into thinking about do you need to be wearing clothes to "feel" clothed?....sounds like an obvious answer but i would like to explore the phenomena of "feeling" in relation to being dressed or not...

then...

As I was in the shower after jumping out of bed, I found markings on my body from where I had slept tangled up in my sheets. My friends and I call these "Sleep Tattoos" and I have had quite a few in my time and decided that these imprints could relate to either a feeling or not...

This also got me to think about the imprints that the wearing of clothing can leave on our bodies. The photos of elastic imprinted into my feet are from ballet shoes.
I intend to document any significant "Sleep Tattoos" that I get in the next few weeks and the sheet formation in which i leave my bed or even "Clothes Tattoos" for comparison and "feeling".

No comments:

Post a Comment